Effective June 1st, a fire ban is in effect for all of Sherman and Gilliam Counties. This ban includes lands within Cottonwood Canyon State Park and the Surrounding Bureau of Land Management properties.
With the weather heating up, and the rain slowing down; fires start with ease and move quickly. We are working in cooperation with local governments to protect land, life, and property.
What we allow:
- Propane grills
- Propane fire rings placed inside of campsite fire rings
What is banned:
- Smoking outside of campsites
- Any open flame: tiki torches, candles, campfires etc.
- All campfires
- Any item/activity which may produce spark, fire, or embers
Please keep in mind these additional precautions:
- Douse any flames completely and allow to cool. DO NOT throw ashes in dumpsters or into fields
- Driving through grass WILL start fires
The staff and volunteers at Cottonwood Canyon thank you for your cooperation. Remember, safety starts with you!